Friday 27 March 2009

Phobia Warning Signs - Second Year Work














A series of 'Phobia Warning Signs' I created as part of a response to a Visual Representation project I was set for my Second year of BA Illustration. The idea was to create a visualisation of a point without using text so I decided to explore themes I'd been looking at before to do with peoples fears, perceptions and psyches.

I decided to look at the idea of different phobias that people suffer from but to satirically represent them as the form of a hazard warning sign to show each phobia. The fact that warning signs are designed to be understood universally applied to this surreal take on caution. I also created 'real life' examples of when these warning signs would need to be utilised in situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment